Thursday, September 11, 2014

Always Remember



I remember exactly where I was on that fateful day when America, and democracy itself, came under attack. Do you remember? I remember what the sun and air felt like on that September morning and I remember the horror of watching it all play out on the television screens before me. I remember the frantic moments of accounting for where family and friends were and worrying about their fate. I remember the fear of what was to come and knowing that things will never be the same again.

But for me, the single thing that is the most important thing about that day is that we never forget. Never forget those events that changed the way my generation and those to come think about and live our lives. Let us always remember the thousands of people from around the globe who lost their lives that day and continue to do so today because of September 11th. Let us always remember. Because when we don't remember we are destined to repeat history.

No comments:

Post a Comment