Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hey Hey Its A Resolution


I usually don't make New Years resolutions. I used to but quickly learned that many of the things I hope to do or change simply weren't realistic. Hence, years of not making resolutions but rather trying to live my life as I wanted to. Last year I toyed with making them but with yet another move on the horizon and all of the logistics and upheaval that entailed, I held off. But this year I'm going to once again give it ago. We're settled; probably the most settled we have been or will be for quite some time. So it just feels right. Do I think I'm going to accomplish them all? Probably not but I'm going to give it my best shot. And as I found out during November's NaBloPoMo, if I say I'm going to try to accomplish something, I'm more apt to complete my goal.

So here I go with my top ten goals for 2015:

  • I'm going to write more. Not just for my blog but I'm going to get better about submitting all of those articles I've written but are just sitting in files on my computer. They aren't going to get published by sitting there. And if I make a dollar or two off of my efforts, all the better.
  • I want to finally learn how to make a proper pie crust. I can cook and I can bake but making one of those tasty and picture perfect pie crusts continues to elude me. Other people do it and so can I. And while I'm at it, if I'm feeling really ambitious I might also take a cake decorating class. That would make those birthday cakes and class parties so much easier.
  • And finally I want to learn about wine. Not just which varieties and vintages I like to drink but I want to be able to buy it, order it and speak about it with a bit of knowledge.
  • I will return to yoga class. Its been too long but when I went I enjoyed it and more importantly, both my body and my mind thanked me. Enough said.
  • I want to master the French language. Ok, maybe not master it but speak enough to move about comfortably. Or at a minimum keep up with my five year old.
  • I want to Facebook less and read more. My Kindle is loaded with books that I want to read yet it has been months since I've even turned it on.  So less reading of status updates and more of literature.
  • I want to be a better mom. Instead of being the parent at the playground sitting on the sidelines reading my iPhone I'm going to get out there and play with Sidney. (The yoga might come in handy for this).
  • I want to be a better wife. This means nagging less and perhaps making more of an effort to make peace with my in-laws. Enough said.
  • I want to be a better friend. This means staying in touch with people both far and near and touching base just to say "hi". When is the last time you received an email (or better yet a hand written note) just saying hi? It is pretty nice.
  • I will be more patient in 2015. I will stop, take deep breaths before reacting and be better about giving people the benefit of the doubt. It will make everything that much easier.
So here's to accomplishing a lot in 2015.














1 comment:

  1. I like the goal about less Facebook time -- I definitely want to get that under control this year! More reading, more blogging, more writing, and less Facebook!

    Happy New Year from France...

    ReplyDelete