Saturday, November 3, 2012

Baking Away On A Saturday

It is day three of the November NaBloPoMo challenge.  It is also a Saturday.  I usually spend a good portion of both weekend days cooking up a storm.  Sometimes the recipes are experimental while others they are old standbys.   These long lazy weekend days are my one opportunity during the week to make more complex and time consuming dishes.  Often I prepare dishes for any dinners we will be hosting during the upcoming week.  Regardless of what is on my cooking schedule, I usually include at least one baked item.  Whether it be cakes, cookies, or breads, baking is my favorite cooking activity and now that the weather has cooled down, firing up the oven in my small kitchen is less oppressive than it was during our hot Mediterranean summers.

Today's blog entry is cross posted with my other blog.  This recipe for Double Corn and Thyme Corn Bread is the only cornbread both of my finicky boys will eat.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment